To define the essential job functions, responsibilities and qualifications of a Medical Biller working for San Luis Ambulance Service Inc. The primary responsibilities of this position is coding, entering patient ticket information and follow-up billing and collecting on all phases of Insurance, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Contracts and Government reimbursement programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bill and enter tickets from Patient Care Reports following the guidelines and protocol from Medicare, Medi-Cal, Insurances and HIPAA requirements.
- Interface in a constructive and professional way with all SLAS employees in the field and the office, Hospital staff, Insurance employees and patients that phone or visit the office.
- Participate in office improvements and innovations.
- Keep HIPAA requirements strictly enforced by employing discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Actively participate in the education and training opportunities offered by SLAS.
- Adhere to all of the policies and procedures provided by SLAS.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO, General Manager, Operations Director, and or Office Manager.
- 18 years of age.
- Possess a current Driver’s License.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- At least one (1) years’ experience as a Medical Biller
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- General office skills such as typing, 10-key and computers.